Monday, September 25, 2006

Dental Despair

1. My mom's dentist took an x-ray of my teeth while I was in the U.S., and called back to say I had a cavity in one of my rear molars, and should schedule an appointment.

2. Because I have dental insurance in Germany, I scheduled an appointment to get the cavity fixed here.

3. Today I went to the dentist here in Berlin, who was recommended to me by a friend, and she looked at the SAME x-ray and told me she didn't see a cavity, then looked in my mouth and said I didn't have any cavities.

4. THEN she said that while I didn't have a cavity, I did have a tooth that was discolored, and that it needed a root canal.

5. I told her I was leaving for Sweden on Friday, and she said she'd try to get it done before then.

6. Then she started drilling into the back of my favorite front tooth. She claimed I needed no anaesthetic, because it was dead. Then she hit a nerve and I screamed.

7. I have to go back Thursday for the rest.

8. This had better be finished before I leave, because Sweden, although a very fine place, does NOT offer dental coverage as part of its "universal" package AND I just quit my job, and thus I am broke.

ugh, ugh, ugh.

Moving to Sweden is turning out to be very stressful indeed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Ida!!!!! My mouth is still in pain just from reading that!!! I always insist on anesthesia at the dentist - whether they think it's necessary or not! Dental pain is the worst. I had to have my wisdom teeth pulled when I was pregnant and could only get the minimum pain killer. I was a wreck. I hope your teeth are feeling better now!!!!! Love, Ellie

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home