Sunday, September 24, 2006

Tying up loose flies

I just got back from giving my very last tour of Berlin. Yesterday I gave my last tour of Third Reich sites, the day before yesterday I gave my last tour of the concentration camp memorial of Sachsenhausen, and now, today, it was my last tour of the great sites of central Berlin. And I leave for Stockholm on Friday, just five days from now. I will leave it to you to imagine how glad I am to be finished with my very, very repetitive job.

So now it's just me and the kids sitting around waiting for the Berlin experience to come to an end. Ah, the kids. Who are "the kids", you might ask. Ah, who indeed! The kids are the fruit flies. About a week ago my drain in the kitchen got infested with fruit flies. There must have been some little bits of something they liked down there, because I'm telling you, they went forth and multiplied as if there were no tomorrow. Actually, to my understanding, this was more than an 'as if' scenario, given that the average lifespan of a fruit fly is 24 hours.

Which brings me to why I casually refer to them as "kids". By my calculations I'm dealing with fellas who are all under the age of "one" (day), so it seems fitting.

Now the kids have been deprived of all food sources by me and clorox, and they are feeling piqued, let me assure you. They're flying very slowly, nearing the, um, end of their Berlin experience.

The next few days are going to be very busy; I've still got so much to do before my departure.

I'll update soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home